Saturday, March 15, 2014

Summary of the experimental tools and process

Although this repeats some content from the previous posting, it is worth summarizing the tools I plan to use to run this experiment.   They are:

Personal trees:
  • Family Tree Builder 7.0 (running on a Mac under CrossOver), synced with MyHeritage
  • Family Tree Maker 3 for Mac, synced with Ancestry.com (public tree)
Universal trees:
  • RootsMagic 6 (running on a Mac under CrossOver), synced with FamilySearch Family Tree
  • Geni.com
  • WeRelate
  • WikiTree
To make this a manageable process, I plan to use only my direct ancestry, and only for those individuals for whom I have sufficient source documents that I can attach.

I also plan to focus on one surname at a time, in Ahnentafel number order.  

No comments:

Post a Comment